The Keep Doing List #45: 2010
The Keep Doing List
As most of you know, I am a big New Year’s resolution person; it always feels good to me to think about how I can improve my life. However, for some odd reason, this year I am also thinking about all the good stuff I have been doing and that I need to keep on, keepin’ on.
For example, I plan in 2011 to keep:
10. Helping folks. After all, I am female and a librarian, so I get the “helping gene” twice over!
9. Buying perfume. My husband hates the smelly stuff, and my family won’t buy it, so I plan to keep on buying Chanel No. 5 for myself!
8. Walking the dog. He seems to enjoy it, but I really need it more than he does.
7. Making jam. It tastes great, but more importantly, it keeps my life and work in a better balance.
6. Growing herbs. Life tastes better with a little fresh basil.
5. Completing the circle of communication. From emails to phone calls, the simple act of completing a conversation is really important and easy to ignore when you are busy.
4. Giving back. Just like in Prince Albert at the Winter Festival, in Calgary at the SPCA, and in East Peoria with Cairn USA, I will look for opportunities to volunteer and get involved in my new community of Guelph.
3. Expressing gratitude. I will continue to thank folks. Nothing feels as good or opens doors like a simple “thank you.”
2. Working collaboratively. Teamwork is the secret to success.
1. Being positive.
I believe it is teamwork and a positive attitude that are fundamental to successful leadership in libraryland. It’s that simple!
Kitty Pope #45 December/10