How to make 2010 the best year of your life!
How to make 2010
the best year of your life!
“Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind”
Kris Kringle in The Miracle on 34th Street
I might be one of the last people on the face of the earth who still believes in the power of a New Year’s resolution. It might be because I am a closet list-maker or because I truly believe change will make me a better person. For whatever reason, I always make those January 1 promises to myself. A few weeks ago, I was reading a magazine in the dentist’s office that proclaimed “you can make 2010 the best year of your life!” I’m still sifting through the options, and of course, making a list! 2010 will be the best year of my life if I:
· Make a conscious effort to help someone in my community more often.
· Write my mother-in-law more regularly.
· Pay more attention to keeping a balanced life.
· Take better care of myself.
· Try something new, such as an art class, learning to play bridge, or exploring a new dog park.
· Reduce my “screen time” and increase my face time!
· Use spell check always!
· Don’t lose my scissors!
· Start planning my summer vacation now!
· Spend less, save more, and stash away some money from every pay check, just in case!
· Talk less and listen more.
· Say “please” and “thank you” more often.
· Gargle twice a day.
· Turn off my cell phone when walking the dogs!
I am sure by New Year’s Eve I will have edited the list, so I am not attempting to instigate world peace. However, if I manage just a few of these smallest changes in my life, I am sure I am headed towards having a great year. I hope the New Year finds you full of energy and passion for your personal adventure and committed to making a difference in library land. May 2010 be the best year of your life!
Kitty Pope #46 December 2009